When your family business faces issues, try mediation.
Compared to traditional litigation, mediation:
- Gives you direct control over important decisions.
- Encourages cooperative planning by parents.
- Enhances smoother parent-child relationships.
- Teaches effective ways to resolve future conflicts.
- Causes you less bitterness and hostility during and after mediation.
- Can cost less in money, time and emotional turmoil.
- Is entirely private and confidential, not subject to public exposure.
You can solve many family problems by choosing mediation.
Here’s what others have said:
- “We’ve decided to split the firm, but we don’t know how to go about it.” Consider mediation.
- “I think we have worked out all the details so we can split. We just need someone knowledgeable and neutral to check our decisions.” Consider mediation.
- “My brother wants to stop working full-time, but he thinks he’s still entitled to equal pay.” Consider mediation.
- “When Dad retired, he got a huge payout. Since he died, Mom wants a monthly check. She never worked in the business. Help!” Consider mediation.